Today’s topic: put your iPod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
First off, I do not have an iPod. I use spotify for my music streaming, I pay for the premium service so I can listen to it offline. So I will put my “starred songs” on shuffle and tell you what pops up. Starred songs are songs I’ve favorited…
1. It’s All Over But The Crying by Garbage. I love this song, and this band. They have a lot of deep meanings to me and helped me through a lot of hard times.
2. I Know Why by Sheryl Crow. “I know why the heart gets lonely” awesome stuff! I love her anyway.
3. Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Carnal pleasures bringing higher enlightenment. Plus I love a song not afraid to say “fuck” in it.
4. I Don’t Feel Like Dancing by Scissor Sisters. Great modern disco-ish song an out not wanting to what your partner wants to do, but you do it anyway.
5. Don’t Rush by Kelly Clarkson. Country-esque song about being in love. It’s a sweet song. Vince Gill sings backup.
6. ‘Til I Can Make It On My Own by Tammy Wynette. Let me lean on you til I can move on. Sad song, but I’ve always felt close to it.
7. Traveling Soldier by The Dixie Chicks. OMG, so sad. I had no idea what it was about for the longest time, my husband had to explain it to me. A soldier going to war and not coming home. Very sad.
8. Criminal by Fiona Apple. Doing bad things when you are in a relationship. Something I can sympathize with, but I’ve loved the song before it was personal.
9. Ice Cream Truck by Cazwell. Gay rapper singing about showing you his drumstick….lol priceless! The video is pretty hot too!
10. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk. I love this song. Even before Kanye West stole it. Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger….it’s really advice on life.
Tomorrow’s topic: bullet your whole day.