1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
She longed to get it back to the lab where it could be analyzed.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
I was in the bathroom.
4. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
We started watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix tonight.
5. Without looking, guess what time it is
Almost 2 am
6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The air conditioner and cat in heat yowling.
8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
When I came home from work about 4:30
9. Did you dream last night?
Not that I recall
10. Do you remember your dreams?
Sometimes. Usually just pieces here and there.
11. When did you last laugh?
Earlier watching Grace and Frankie, she said “I’m in a desert, but there’s water” (she was at the beach)
12. Do you remember why / at what?
13. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Mirrors, artwork, and the shelf with our tv and cable box.
14. Seen anything weird lately?
I work in retail, I see weird shit all day long….
15. What do you think of this quiz?
Not shaping up to be as funny as of thought it would be.
16. What is the last film you saw?
I honestly can’t remember. I know a couple weeks ago I watched a movie called White Frog, it was alright. About a kid with asperger’s who relied on his brother to feel normal then his brother dies in an accident and the kid finds out his brother was gay and had a boyfriend. The kid then bonds with the boyfriend. Touching movie.
17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Oh, choices! Probably London or Rome.
18. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A big house where no one could bother me for the hours of countless reading I want to catch up on.
19. Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
I love horror movies, crime movies and shows, and the corresponding literature, but hate the sight of real blood.
20. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
ALL people would be equal. Gays, blacks, homeless, and everyone else.
21. Do you like to dance?
Love it. Not good at it, but love it.
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
23. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
No. Not a lot of words with j in them that aren’t a name…
24. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
Lisa from work. Trying to find me in the building…
25. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Books. Anne Rice’s entire bibliography, Patricia Briggs’s books, the Book of Questions (future blog posts, beware!)
26. Last time you swam in a pool?
Last summer some time, don’t remember the exact day.
27. Type of music you like most?
28. Type of music you dislike most?
Rap. There are a few songs I like, but not a huge fan of the genre.
29. Are you listening to music right now?
No, the tv is on forensic files
30. What color is your bedroom carpet?
At one time I believe it was white. Maybe cream or off-white. Regardless, it needs cleaned.
31. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Get hardwood floors throughout.
32. What was the last thing you bought?
Toilet paper, soup, crackers, and Apple drink (not quite juice)
33. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
Ridden, yes. Drive, no.
34. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
35. Do you have a garden?
No, we live in an apartment, we don’t even have a yard. My husband does have several bonsai trees however.
36. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Yes. It’s hard to sing along though since celebrities keep messing it up.
37. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Man, I have to piss.
38. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
I am not sure. There are several I’d love to meet, but no one stands out more than another. Definitely no one on some silly diet, no one vegan or vegetarian. Maybe someone that I think is too thin so I could ensure they actually eat some food.
39. Who sent the last text message you received?
My husband. “Will you get me some chicken noodle soup, Apple juice, and club soda?” He had a case of the sicks…hes better now.
40. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
41. What time is bed time?
Usually around midnight. I nap in the afternoons around 5 also.
42. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
I wouldn’t say that it was a “beauty” pageant, but when I was younger, my hometown has this weekend celebration and I was in the junior king contest. I got to be in the parade.
43. How many tattoos do you have?
3. One on my hip, one on each arm.
44. If you don’t have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
Not applicable, but I do think about getting more often.
45. What did you do for your last birthday?
I don’t remember really, I know my husband cooked something yummy though.
46. Do you carry a donor card?
I am an organ donor according to my ID. But as a gay man who can’t even donate blood, I’m not sure how effective that is. I’d donate my entire body once I’m dead though. I’ll be dead, I won’t need it.
47. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
My husband. Always my husband. Last night it was Chinese food.
48. Is the glass half empty or half full?
49. What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
I’m not sure on actual distance, but I’ll guess Florida. Seems the furthest to me. It was certainly the longest in the car without stopping.
50. When’s the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Last summer. A lady at work brought a bunch in for a cook out we had.
51. Have you ever won a trophy?
When I was younger, I had a couple of participation trophies (which are dumb). I’ve not really been a part of too many trophy awarding activities.
52. Are you a good cook?
I thought I was until I met my husband. He’s much better.
53. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
Of course. I don’t drive, so I don’t do it often.
54. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
Oh, wow. Now there is a question! I’d like to meet John Lennon, just to thank him. Marilyn Monroe, to find out if she killed herself or was murdered. Anne Rice, just to pick her brain. But if I had to pick just one, I’d say Jesus. I believe he was a real person, just not an immaculately born individual. I think his faith was strong, but is live to hear what he thought of how he is perceived 2000+ years after his time, and get his opinion on some of today’s hot button issues.
55. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
No. A few jobs, yes, but not school.
56. Do you touch-type?
No, I watch my fingers. I usually EXCLUSIVELY watch my fingers and can tell if I’ve messed up without checking the screen. Typing wasn’t a requirement when I was in school.
57. What’s under your bed?
Luggage. Empty, but that seemed a good storage spot.
58. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. But I also believe that you have to work at maintaining love. It doesn’t just happen and it stays forever. I’ve loved my husband since we met, but in all fairness we talked online for years before actually meeting.
59. Think fast, what do you like right now?
Coffee. Quiet time before noon.
60. Where were you on Valentine’s day?
At work, then at home. My husband works in a restaurant, so we don’t get to spend that day together usually.
61. What time do you get up?
62. What was the name of your first pet?
I am not sure which was first, but when I was younger we had a cat named Tiger and a cat named Calico.
63. Who is the second to last person to call you?
Andrea from work.
64. Is there anything going on this weekend?
Today is Mother’s Day.
65. How are you feeling right now?
A bit cold, but good. We keep the air lower when we are in bed, and I haven’t turned it back up yet this morning.
66. What do you think about the most?
Sadly, work. Things I need to do, things I haven’t done, things I want to do, things I forgot about until I was at home…
67. What time do you get up in the morning?
5 am…didn’t we just do this?
68. If you had A Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
I may not tell people. If I could go through life with not telling anyone, but always having money to get what I want, that would be ideal. Since I’d want to build a house and not live in this area anymore, I think people would figure it out.
69. Who would you tell first?
Probably my mom. Unless my husband wasn’t aware, then I’d tell him first, but since we’d probably buy tickets together, I’m sure he’d be in on it.
70. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema?
Cinderella. We had a date night. It was okay to me, my husband LOVED it. He’s a huge fan of both Cate Blanchett and fabulous costuming.
72. Do you sing in the shower?
Who doesn’t? I’m pretty quiet about it usually, most people (my husband and neighbors) aren’t awake when I shower in the morning.
73. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Now I know we did this before. Apparently I wasn’t specific enough… probably Barnes and Noble, although I’d want a few older books rather than just newer reprints so this may vary.
74. What do you do most when you are bored?
Read or listen to music.
75. What do you do for a living?
Retail management. I’m the manager of a specific department of my store.
76. Do you love your job?
I like it, I think love is a strong term. I care about my job and have no intention of leaving it, but in an ideal world, I’d make money and not have a job.
77. What did you want to be when you grew up?
This has changed a lot throughout 37 years. A short list would be teacher, singer, author, and book store owner.
78. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
If I could do anything, and succeed doing it, I’d own a book store. I’d love to be in an environment where reading is encouraged, and I could help others select books they would ordinarily choose for themselves. A sort of book whisperer if you will.
79. Which came first the chicken or the egg?
The egg. Though it didn’t come from a chicken. I would say that some sort of precursor to the chicken laid an egg with some type of genetic mutation allowing whatever it was to evolve into the chickens we know today.
80. How many keys on your key ring?
Two. My apartment key and the key to the mailbox. I rarely ever use the latter.
81. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere warm and sunny. Maybe Greece or somewhere in the Mediterranean like that.
82. What kind of car do you drive?
I do not drive at all. My husband drives a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Though I ride in a Saturn to work everyday more than I ride in my husband’s car.
83. What are your best physical features?
My eyes. Or so I’ve been told. Without the aid of a mirror, it’s impossible to see them myself.
84. What are your best characteristics?
Equal parts smart and funny I think. My husband says I’m not that funny…
85. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
86. What kind of books do you like to read?
Supernatural/paranormal thrillers, crime dramas, historical fiction, occasionally a classic literature novel.
87. Where would you want to retire to?
The repetition is strong with this quiz, isn’t it?
88. What is your favorite time of the day?
In the early morning. It’s quiet, my husband and most of the world is still asleep, and I can read, think, blog, or just chill in peace.
89. Where did you grow up?
In a farm town in east central Indiana called Cambridge City.
90. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
According to mapquest, 56.21 miles, or an hour and 18 minutes.
91. What are you reading now?
The Mummy by Anne Rice
92. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning person. Used to be a night owl though.
93. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
No, but props to adding physical activity to this questionnaire!
94. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
95. Do you have pets?
Yes, we have three cats; Piper, Pickle, and Pennington.
96. How many rings before you answer the phone?
A lot. I usually have to check the caller ID, then decide if I want to talk to that person, or if what ever I think they are going to want is textable…
97. What is your best childhood memory?
Getting accepted into advance placement clashes and that feeling of superiority that I was smarter than average.
98. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Waiter, bartender, deejay, warehouse associate, retail manager, factory worker, restaurant manager, cashier, burger flipper, line cook, substitute teacher, karaoke host, show director (for a drag bar), bar manager, stripper.
99.Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?
Not really. I’m going to start walking and working out again this week. Swimsuit seas in is upon us again and I’d like to lose a few pounds before hitting the pool.
100. What is most important in life?
101. What Inspires You?
My husband to be more social and to do the best I can. Other people’s drama to strive to be better than I am. Books to continue to dream.