There are a lot of things I’d like to do in life, but haven’t yet done them. I’ve compiled a list of things I’ve yet to do and my reasons behind them.
1. I haven’t travelled outside the U.S….yet. I would like to visit other places in the world. Most notable Rome, London, Athens, Cairo, Paris. Places with a historical significance. Not that this country doesn’t have its share of history, but it seems more accessible to me than travelling abroad, and I’d really like to go overseas.
2. I haven’t become a father…yet. someday I’d like to have a child, or maybe more than one. But one would be great. Someone to pass my wisdom to, to help guide and nurture through their young life and some one to be proud of when they are an adult.
3. I haven’t conquered my fear of roller coasters…yet. Every year I say is going to be the year, but it hasn’t been. Living really close to one of the countries best amusement parks, and I still haven’t been able to do it. My husband is a huge fan of coasters, so that could be something we do together if I weren’t so afraid of them.
4. I haven’t started preparing for my future financially…yet. I’ve often thought about putting money back for when I finally get old enough to retire. In the past I’ve thought “I’m young, I don’t need to worry about that yet” but as forty creeps closer and closer, I wonder should only have been doing it long before now? Yes, I could start today and probably be fine as I have no intention of quitting working anytime soon, but I could already have a nice nest egg if I had started already.
5. I haven’t finished a novel…yet. I’ve started several, but then start to doubt myself and either try to change it (and then hate the new version), or just decide it isn’t good enough and scrap the idea all together. I’d love to finish one, and whether it succeeds or not, be happy with my finished product.
6. I haven’t prepared for death…yet. I’ve lost a lot of friends and family over the years, and I’ve learned to deal with that. But I don’t think I’m ready to die myself yet. I haven’t seen and done all I want to do in this life, nor have I prepared to leave the people that care about me. I’m not saying they wouldn’t carry on, I’d want them to, but I haven’t told people how I feel or said what I needed to say yet.
That’s a short list of things I have yet to do in life. There are a million trivial things that I could list, but these are some biggies.